View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 11:41 AM   #37
MMGTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by birchhaven View Post
Why a hatteras if you are trying to use it live aboard? Why not consider a large house boat like you would see on lakes out west? They seem to have tons of real livings space, I would argue they are more efficient living space per linear foot, than a traditional boat like a hatteras. So you could get a 60' house boat and actually have more space than a 80' hatteras. Also at 60' I would not worry about waves even tho it is a house boat.
I have always wondered why there are not any big ones on this lake like you see out west.
This is a great question. Does anyone have any knowledge in this area? Based on birchhaven's response I found http://www.bravadayachts.com/custom-series.php

Most of the examples I have found with these house boats seem to be on lakes that are like glass; at least in all of the images and videos I've come across. I know the broads are anything but glass.

Does anyone know how these things do in some decent lake chop?

It would certainly solve the launching issue since it could be trucked in in pieces and assembled at the lake. Thoughts?
MMGTG is offline   Reply With Quote