View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 05:43 PM   #15
brk-lnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMGTG View Post
The boat can be moved house cannot...
I think you're vastly over-estimating just how many practical locations you could move to.

You can't anchor overnight anywhere on the lake.
You can't overnight on a mooring.
None of the town docks allow overnight docking, or for the most part docking for more than a few hours.
There are a limited number of marinas that could accommodate something that large.
Due to the general nature of the lake, none of the marinas are really setup for a typical "transient" slip rental by the week (to my knowledge).

It seems to me like you've formed a flawed plan (no offense) and are hell bent on trying to make it work. You'll also find selling a vessel that size will be nearly impossible, so I hope you plan to keep it for a very long time, or also pay to have it removed when you go to sell it.

Sorry if I sound harsh, but I think that you're overshooting the practical maximum size by about 30'. Heck, you might even be better off just renting a house each season for the foreseeable future. You could experience many different locations that way, and my guess is it would take 12+ years before the cost of renting overtook the cost of purchasing, moving, and docking an 80' boat.