View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 01:53 PM   #6
MMGTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
I will assume you are not trolling....

There are few 50' yachts, not much bigger. I don't know of any marina that can accommodate an 80 footer.... that's HUGE for a lake this size. you will not be able to take it anywhere as docking will be a huge issue. Transport back & forth from the lake to the ocean will also be a HUGE expense, if its doable at all.

Woodsy
Thanks for the benefit of the doubt!

This purchase would be for the lake only. There would be no back and forth transport. Also in the process of purchasing a separate ocean going yacht.

This really is only serving our needs in terms of comfort and size vs owning a house on the lake. The tenders would serve our needs for docking and going ashore.

Basically I'm trying to put the largest boat in the water possible that can be taken out and stored for the winter. It doesn't have to be "that reasonable." It just needs to be possible.

If it can't be done, I'm not trying to move mountains (or bridges) to make it happen. 60' is the smallest I could think of going, and I'm not overly anxious to try to have a family of 5 live in such cramped quarters for several weeks at a time.

Thanks so much for the quick responses! Really appreciate any insight!
MMGTG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MMGTG For This Useful Post: