View Single Post
Old 05-31-2020, 06:04 PM   #3
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXUM View Post
I will point out updated numbers from the CDC which is showing a newly revised average mortality rate of .004% which I will opine is a very conservative number as the known exposure rate is still a relative unknown but the numbers in that regard continue to rise at such a significant rate the mortality rate will continue to fall. Here is the "official" break down by age group:

Age Group : Mortality Rate

0-49: 0.0005
50-64: 0.002
65+: 0.013
Overall: 0.004

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...scenarios.html

I have said all along and some have scoffed at my saying so, that the numbers (based on first hand knowledge of ongoing COVID studies) are showing and continue to show it is not as deadly as early indications seemed to have indicated. I can tell you these numbers as reported by the CDC are estimates and very conservative however as the data continues to pour in they will likely be further revised downwards. Like any kind of statistical data gathering it takes time to compile the numbers to reach such conclusions.

What is known right now is quite interesting when you consider this information is being fed into the CDC and is being shared with those that are making decisions on public policy regarding what the public is "allowed" to do.

You can reach your own conclusions on why we continue to see extensions of forced business closures and lockdowns - especially when the data is also showing "social distancing", wearing of face masks (with a few exceptions) and isolation is widely ineffective.
Hi Maxum,

I cannot find the actual data you used from the site you linked. Can you cut and paste a chart so we can see if granite is correct? Thanks