View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 08:21 PM   #66
WinnDixie

Default Yum!

What a fun thread! Here it is really cold right now (snowed a little...always notable for Alabama), but my mouth is still watering! I'd have to say both Jordan's in Belmont and--of course--Sawyers (our "go to" place up there) are my tops. For one thing, you can get peppermint stick ice cream. Here it only seems to show up briefly at Christmas. My husband can get frozen pudding, too--dead giveaway as to our ancient status! Believe me you do not get that here at all!
I note lots of references to Bailey's. Many years ago there was Bailey's Dockside in Wolfeboro...are you all talking about that...or is that gone? I worked one summer right after high school in Wolfeboro, and we all lived at Dockside when we got the chance. But..yikes...that was LONG ago.
In 2006 my grandson ,who is a theater student here at Troy University in AL, worked as a Tech at the Lakes Region Summer Theater for their last summer, as it turned out. He had visited us up there as a little guy when we lived there, and he loved the chance to go back. One of his best memories is Dollar Cone Days at the Town Docks in Meredith. He loved the Town Docks, and for the nearly penniless actor/techs...Dollar Cone Days was seriously wonderful!
WinnDixie is offline   Reply With Quote