View Single Post
Old 04-01-2020, 06:56 PM   #26
longislander

Quote:
Perhaps I was too verbose in my last post so I will simplify for you.
At least make it intelligible.

Quote:
third party being someone other than telephone cable and electric
Does that mean ... telephone or cable or electric; presumably cables (3)?

Or, is it telephone cable and electric? You said third party. I'm going to presume cable companies like Spectrum. Spectrum plus telephone plus electric make three types of cable; not all fiber.

There are three types of telephone cable at the poles on the street. The big bulky outside plant cable (e.g. 1800 pair, 2200 pair etc), telephone company fiber wire strapped to the outside plant, and then the "cable" that goes to the house from the street pole.

That makes four types of cable, from three businesses.

The three cables on the pole near my house have electric at top, Spectrum in the middle, and telephone (not outside plant) at the bottom on the two poles. The street poles always have the "outside plant" at the bottom and electric at the top, and Spectrum fiber and telephone fiber in the middle.

You said this:

Quote:
Communications cables have been attached to poles pretty much since their inception yes, but every new piece of third party communication line goes higher on the pole, never lower, telephone is at the bottom always because they are co owners of the pole and have to be the last to transfer so they can remove the old pole.
I'm going to presume, now, you didn't mean higher than electric.

Co-ownership of the poles may not be accurate, although there are legal issues that do come into play.

Quote:
minimum approach distance, OSHA
I've already stated the electric, phone, and the non-internet part of cable companies, are regulated. Following the regulations should be a no-brainer.

Quote:
And last, what was your job at the phone company? It doesn't sound like you were a lineman there.
No, I was not a lineman. I did interface with linemen almost daily, however.

I was hired by the phone company at age fifty. I considered myself semi-retired. My background and work experience, was in what was considered high-tech years ago. 18 years at Wang Laboratories , a computer company; then went to a small phone company parts manufacturer and became plant manager; when Plantronics sold the company, went to and managed a small manufacturing company that produced scanners, in the Atlanta area. Subsequently pursued self-employment. After about five years of that, went to phone company.

In my youth before the previous work history, I was school trained by the U.S. Army in Avionics (1966). Used that training and more, in Vietnam, from May 1967 to Feb. 1969 on UH-1 helicopters, as well as door-gunner (189th Assault Helicopter Company). Came back stateside and thereafter went to work for for Wang; see above.

I used the G.I. bill and got three degrees in business, including MBA. I'm also a college level certified paralegal.
longislander is offline   Reply With Quote