View Single Post
Old 03-31-2020, 04:22 PM   #16
VitaBene

Thanked 1,601 Times in 821 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by longislander View Post
"You often cannot install a 4th technology ..."

Says who!

Please provide ... just one ... example, preferably an internet link of some credibility.

The cost of installation will be paid by the installer, if approved via agreement or the PUC if challenged.

The NHEC is not in the internet business. Most electric companies have decided not to jump into the fray ... wisely, in my humble opinion. They would/will use the existing wires, including the wiring in your house/busioness. Just plug into the AC connector on the wall!

https://broadbandnow.com/Powerline

Many years ago, I believe the last problem was getting around the transformer.

Maybe you should try bringing up mobile or fixed wireless or some other technology that has already been incorporated, in some areas, with no problem about "growing poles".

Why should NHEC spend COOP member money on something it will not use? Should they spend money on pavingf the roads the poles are on?

PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
I'm not sure why you are all spun up. The NHEC apparently does not want yet another contractor on their poles. It is a simple as that!

I designed and engineered a perimeter intrusion detection system that uses SM fiber as a detector (along with other technologies). We installed it at three nuclear plants last year and are installing at three more this year. Our fiber infrastructure runs within 30' of the 230KV and 500KV lines coming out of the turbine building. I understand power and fiber!
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote