View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 10:11 PM   #1
XCR-700

Unhappy Fully Moderated Forums comes to Winnipesaukee.com

Sorry I have to take a moment to express my disappointment at this unfortunate turn of events.

Speaking as someone who does not know anyone on this site beyond our exchanges online (but for one non-active member) I consider myself a nonpartisan entity and as such let me be one of the first to say what a huge step backwards to have to go to a fully moderated forum.

Censorship at that level is so un-American that it seems almost unthinkable to me that we could even have such a thing.

As I am not one of the more active posters on this site and dont have a many year tenure here, I cannot speak to all issues that have occurred, but I can say for the posts that I do see, I cannot grasp how it could have come to this,,,

I am left almost speechless.

Almost,,, as I see open and reasonable exchanges about all issues of concern and other items of common interests as a cornerstone of our society, and to see it eradicated in one fell-swoop over banter is like cutting off someone’s tongue for uttering forbidden words or poking out their eyes for looking at something you don’t want them to see.

Its totalitarianism of the worst kind that punishes all when only a very few have misbehaved,,,

Very disappointing to say the very least,,,

VERY DISAPPOINTING!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to XCR-700 For This Useful Post: