View Single Post
Old 08-06-2018, 12:52 PM   #14
Major

Thanked 1,000 Times in 415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
I understand that not everyone cares about the environment, and I try not to be judgmental.

But I do not think its right for you to assert that pollution sickens you on the very same thread that you vigorously defend a guy who obviously violated environmental rules, question climate change in the face of a mountain of evidence, and assert that economic growth is more important than environmental protection.
It seems like you're pretty judgmental. Notwithstanding, I think the US has come a long way in protecting the environment. Liberals want perfection, a utopia, which is unachievable. There's no evidence that lessening restrictions has negatively impacted anything. In fact, under the old administration, with lots and lots of regulations, Deepwater Horizon, Flint City and the Gold King mining accident happened. I'm not blaming Obama, but these environmental tragedies occurred on his watch so he should own them.

Economic growth is important. What I am against is destroying our economy because of the globalists' obsession with climate change. There should be a balance.