View Single Post
Old 04-25-2020, 05:44 AM   #45
Chris M

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailinAway View Post

Getting to your second point, about America being founded on the supremacy of the individual, I don't think that history supports that. America was founded on the idea of a supreme race, the idea that one race of people could rob the land and resources of another race (referring now to all of the Americas), use genocide to finish them off, and enslave millions of people. All justified by racial superiority. That is frighteningly close to the Nazi claim of racial superiority justifying theft and genocide.
The Declaration of Independence supports my claim on America's founding principles. Certain inalienable rights, not granted by rulers, but derived from our humanity. Those human rights aren't to be screwed with in theory.

As far as the supreme race talk. I can only chalk that up to something in your history, childhood likely, making it attractive to you to oddly insert that strange claim into the conversation.

Nazism puts the state/motherland first and the individual last. The supremacy of the individual turns that on its head. The smallest minority in the world is the individual.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chris M For This Useful Post: