View Single Post
Old 05-28-2019, 03:48 PM   #10
Formula260SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickcraft View Post
Our Verizon service at home in west Alton degraded about a year ago, mostly on my wife's S6, less so on my S6. We visited the Wireless Zone store in Laconia to consider upgrading to S9 phones. We mentioned the degraded service to the tech who said that Verizon is in the process of modifying all the area towers in preparation for a version of 5G roll out. And that in the mean time service will degrade some. Who knows but FWIW that is what he said.

We did not upgrade phones then but just after the S10 release we went back to compare S9 vs S10. We each walked out with an S10e phone. No more dropped calls at home. Why? Don't really know, received signal levels are about the same. The s10 does have many more frequency bands.
https://www.phonearena.com/phones/co...nes/8997,10959

Here on Welch Verizon service has always been good.
I noticed this weekend on Rattlesnake my old Tablet (verizon) was giving me trouble. I did re-boot and it seemed to help for a day then back to dropping it's signal. My Samsung S8 seems OK but something is going on. I just figured the cell towers we're being hacked and screwing things up.
Formula260SS is offline   Reply With Quote