View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 11:27 PM   #38
kauriel

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanBoatClub View Post
Thank you for asking. We have given it a lot of thought. It is something we would prefer to avoid and keep one simple program. Two weeks is too short to join.
If you have an idea or proposal I would love to hear it.
What about allowing a limited registration with a much lower fee (say $500) that includes one prime rental per year and then only allow these members to make pay-per-use off-peak reservations (say no more than 7 days in advance and charge $100 for half day or $300 for whole day) or pay-per-use peak reservations for the day of use.

That would prioritize higher level member reservations while helping fill voids that the boats might otherwise not be used. (Think about the concept of hotwire.com where hotels sell empty rooms as discounts because $50 is better than $0.) You could also limit total rentals to x per week or x per year to further encourage customers in better financial positions to buy the more expensive package. Given these difficult times I would think it might be easier to sell 20 $500 memberships than 3 $3,300 memberships.

We are at Village at Winnipesaukee and would love to participate but we work and can't be up every single weekend all summer so it would be cheaper for us to rent a boat every visit than to participate and build a relationship with you. I would really love to see a better relationship with our organizations and I see a great potential to work together as neighbors!
kauriel is offline   Reply With Quote