Thread: Geese
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 08:29 AM   #31
Grant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula View Post
They serve no purpose other than eat, {poop}, have babies and eat more. Just think 20 years ago none of these birds were in the area and what 20 years from now will look like. If you can not imagine that just look at our new residents, the Seagulls. Back 40 years ago there was not a one.
Kill-em
We really didn't have many down here in PA 20-30 years ago. Now they are EVERYWHERE and have destroyed most of our formerly nice bodies of water, including lakes, reservoirs, etc. These are NON-MIGRATORY Canada geese. They are here all year round, and they breed unchecked. If New Hampshire as a state and private property owners take control of the situation NOW, you can avoid the issues faced by Pennsylvania, which has obviously surrendered.

Imagine Winnipesaukee mostly unswimmable -- with an unnatural green tint and goose poop on every shore, every golf course, parking lot, school playing field and track, dock, etc. It won't be long if action is not taken. Trust me on this.

Scare them away. Paint their eggs with olive oil in the spring. Get a permit and shoot as many as the law allows when the season comes. Don't let them on your lawn. They are invasive at best and will make milfoil, Asian carp, zebra mussels and rock bass look like nothing.