View Single Post
Old 10-06-2020, 10:21 PM   #4
Winilyme

I enjoy keeping tabs on the Winni waterfront market and I’ve been watching it closely for six years. Absolutely the busiest I’ve seen in that time. I check the listings several times a week and see many camps/cottages/homes come on the market and sell in days. Obviously, these don’t close right away and when they do, I don’t look into what they sold for but I’m betting in more than a few cases they are selling well north of the asking price. Especially it’s the $800K to $1.2K range that seem to go like hot cakes. The most amazing thing is how quickly the market escalated. Seems to be a direct correlation with COVID. I don’t remember feeling last year that we were going to be in a situation like this one year later. Probably folks desperate to get out of the cities and, with virtual technology, they easily can. I wonder how permanent this trend will be.

Makes me relieved that we bought in 2015. At that time I was a little bummed that I didn’t buy a year earlier when I think the market was lowest coming out it the recession. I’m not complaining now. On the other hand, it’s all a big cycle. Eventually the market will calm down and prices will revert.