View Single Post
Old 08-06-2018, 01:50 PM   #21
Major

Thanked 1,000 Times in 415 Posts
Default So regulations are good and making money is bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggd View Post
No he's just pi$$ed because his company changed course to meet fuel efficiency requirements and promoted their Company as a leader in that regard and this president has just taken away all their advantage in being leader in environmental friendly automobiles by loosening the standards. Basically changing the rules that everyone already geared up to meet. It's always about the $$$$$$$$$.
Let the market place decide. If customers want fuel efficient cars, then Ford should be in a great position to dominate the market. Personally, fuel economy isn't something that rates as a factor to me when purchasing a car. However, given the inclinations of the younger generation, fuel efficiency is an important factor when considering purchasing a car. In fact, a lot of the younger people in my office would prefer a bicycle to a car!

My recollection is that the big three were not in favor of the regulations when they went into effect. Maybe Bill Ford was thinking about $$$$$ when he decided to adopt the Religion of Climate Change.
The Following User Says Thank You to Major For This Useful Post: