View Single Post
Old 11-04-2016, 06:32 AM   #4
jeffk

Getting a rental and having the time to wait for the right property and the right price can be a big advantage.

I bought my first house in NH in 1985 and the real estate market was red hot. Not much was available because it had all already been snapped up. We lucked out with a good house in Hudson but I remember at the time feeling that I had little choice; it was this house or none. Of course the house sold at full list.

If nothing meets your needs before your MA house sells, you can get the rental and then keep your eyes open as things come on the market and be the first to get a look at them.

Preferred Vacation Rentals at 34 Whittier Hwy, Moultonborough, NH 03254, just across the Center Harbor line might be good people to talk to. While they obviously focus on vacation rentals they know the market. They may handle longer term rentals as well but, if not, will probably know who to talk to. Their Caldwell Banker arm, in the same building, does property sales may know people willing to rent long term.

I'm not sure exactly when you plan to move up but timing may affect availability. For example, now, when the market is probably a little slower, owners may be willing to consider a rental rather than waiting until the market picks up in the spring. In the spring, owners may be more inclined to try to sell rather than accept a rental agreement. It's something to discuss with whoever you work with up here.

Good luck.
jeffk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffk For This Useful Post: