View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 08:16 PM   #36
bilproject

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammond View Post
I'm a non-resident by choice.

If you bought an island property you should have known about the docking and parking situation. I understand the desire to change it to favor the island owner. I get it. But YOU BOUGHT IT THIS WAY. You should have known what you were getting into.

Many islanders in other towns have arrangements for private docking and car parking even if they have some town provided reserved dock spaces. Their choice. Live with your choice.
Hammond you just show how little you know. Many towns on the lake have such arrangments for island taxpayers. You don't think that Bear Island Taxpayers deserve one side of a dock when they pay $850,000 in taxes to the town, school, cty and state? Pick any 170 properties on 1 acre each 1 mile from the lake in Meredith and those taxes paid are 75% less. When I am taxed for being on the lake at a differed and higher rate I don't buy the argument that all town residents should be treated equally when it comes to town docks. If thats the case then charge the guy who owns 1 acre and a 1500 sq ft house a mile from the lake the same tax as me. Docking in Meredith for Island residents is also complicated by Gilford residents of Mark and Mink using the docks. This issue is particularly bad at Cattle Landing where the town is spending $130,000 for a new dock. This dock is never used by day boaters or out of towners.There are no businesses within miles of this dock and no public launch. Ask Mink Islander where he parks and docks to go to his house on Mink Island IN GILFORD?
Island residents only use the town docks and parking. No school kids no services. I for one thought the council blew a chance to give something back to Island taxpayers at no cost to the town. Instead we just got the shaft as always and oh by the way i just got my tax bill with a 10% increase. That and we are treated as second class people. Yes I made a choice to buy on an island but if the elected officials in town are not going to represent non resident land owners than drop the taxation! We can buy a hell of a lot of parking and docks with $850,000/year.
bilproject is offline   Reply With Quote