View Single Post
Old 06-24-2011, 10:49 AM   #85
spider22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
I really didnt mean to stir the pot like this!

I just really think NH as state that counts on tourism for a large part of its revenue could make some small changes to improve the experience. Cater to your customer and they will come back!

LAWLESSNESS?? Really? Bike Week is drag? Ask the local merchants! So far this summer weather has been awful.... If it wasnt for Bike Week revenue they would fold. If you have a better idea that brings in the number of people and the money they spend all concentrated in 1 week I am all ears!

I dont see an issue allowing to people to walk around with a beer or drink in a plastic cup and enjoy the Weirs... or Hampton. Its just a beer. The amount of individual responsibility does not change just because your drinking outside. If it is contained within a certain area I dont see a problem. If your drunk in public, you get PC'd. If you in urinate in public you get a huge fine! You drive drunk.... you get arrested! Nothing changes except you can walk around the Weirs with a drink in your hand!!! Loud pipes are part of Bike Week... the rest of the year enforce the rule. If girl were to flash, dont arrest her unless she does it again! No need to be Draconian. They come here to have a good time, not fight and riot rape and pillage!

I frequent New Orleans and Key West.... and there is a large Police presence... you just dont see them. They come out of the woodwork when something happens. I am not at all advocating ZERO police presence for Bike Week... just a more subdued presence. 7 cruisers in 1/4 mile is excessive!

Woodsy
You think they should set aside a section along the Weirs that public drinking should be allowed. Is this good for the whole year or just a 8 or 9 day period?