View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 09:59 AM   #46
Woodsy

Spider...

Its BIKE WEEK! A national rally that has been held in June in Laconia for 88 years! BIKE WEEK caters to BIKERS.... not necessarily a FAMILY event. I hope when you come up you enjoy your stay. If you dont like bike week then dont visit that week.

I am a FULL TIME 24/7 365 resident of Weirs Beach for over 10 years now. I welcome all to come up and enjoy what I get to enjoy year round! I moved here KNOWING full well how Bike Week is. I embrace it! Its alot of fun for me, and the $$$ Bike Week generates carries ALL of my merchant friends through the year! I know alot of locals to Weirs who work Bike Week and put some serious extra $$$ in thier pockets! When your having a cold rainy summer like this year has been so far, BIKE WEEK is a godsend... it determines if you stay in business or fold!

No offense to vactioners such as yourselves, but if the weather is off, or the economy is off (in this year BOTH suck) you guys do not visit in the numbers needed to sustain most of the local businesses. I know of one business who was off $10K in sales....

The Weirs needs a makeover.... similar to Key West. Open air bars.. cool music... funky shops, fun for all. Meredith already is high end and I applaud the job they have done there. The Weirs needs to retain its honky-tonk flair while being upgraded to a modern destination! I think this state needs to develop a plan for the Weirs and Hampton Beach... designate resort zones... relax some of the liquor rules, encourage people to visit and have fun.

SA... ask the folks at the Gringo! I will prob be there! Whats wrong with walking around with a plastic cup of beer? In a desigated resort zone? They do it all over the world! As far as flashing goes... it never happened all that much even back in the so called "WILD" days of bike week.

Woodsy