View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 05:40 PM   #29
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

I want to comment on a few things....

1st, there was no denying that attendence was done this year... Heck comming home sunday afternoon, there was no back up in Meredith, and once we got to the interestate we maybe saw a handfull of bikes will traveling south.

2nd, The police presence, I have to agree has gotten to be to much, and is probably a reason for decline in attendance. I believe this police presence is proper for the busiest of years, but one average there are two many police officers.

3rd, Yes the Hells Angels are always at bike week. Not only do they have a club house in the Area, but I believe they also own one of the house close by the blvd. In addition, they are also responsible for some of the vending. I over the years have met several of them while walking around the area, including at one time the man that was President of the Northest Region Chapters of the Hells Angels. While their reputation, was built in the sixties and seventies, they are evolving. And I think most people would be surprised at how much they are working to change the persona, and how many charities they help... Nope I won't say they are Angels, and I will not say that there reputation is with out reason. But I will say don't always judge a book buy its cover.