View Single Post
Old 09-24-2018, 08:14 AM   #1
dt5150

Default Hull Cleaning with Toilet Bowl Cleaner

for the first time ever, i was fortunate enough to have my boat in the water for pretty much the entire season this year. i docked it right after ice-out and she remained there until the end of august. it was fantastic having my boat at the ready all season long! however, it also meant that i would have to deal with the dreaded bottom grime that develops when a boat spends the season in the water. being a working stiff, i try to do much of my own work myself to save money so i thought i'd give this a go. did some searching and found many products and remedies for this, but none of them i had on hand, except for this. i used the cleaner pictured, put it in a spray bottle and sprayed it on the hull. after letting it sit for 8 or 10 minutes, i then hit it with the pressure washer. here are the results.. not perfectly clean (my hull is painted aluminum, off white/tan color), i can still see a but of a "hue" or discoloration, but it's pretty darn clean. clean enough for me anyway, and super cheap! have a look..
Attached Images

dt5150 is offline   Reply With Quote