View Single Post
Old 12-10-2017, 12:13 PM   #85
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia View Post
Judicial Watch, and so many others like it, are a huge part of the problem with the ACA and the state of affairs in general. They present a very biased point of view under a self proclaimed heading of being non partisan. It is so easy today to surround ourselves with like minded viewpoints and to only hear things that support things we want to be true. My suggestion? Go out of your way to tune in to other, legitimate sources of information. If you read the New York Times or Washington Post, then be sure to see what the Wall Street Journal has to say. Are you a Fox News watcher? Then don’t forget to flip over to CNN.

What’s my refuge and what gives me hope for the future? Heading to the lake where I enter a different world where optimism overflows. If I could get our Congress to come visit me on the island for a weekend they would relax and see the way things can be and stop the incessant bickering and finger pointing that is the current state of affairs!
CNN a legitimate news source?

CNN on Friday corrected an erroneous report that Donald Trump Jr. had received advance notice from the anti-secrecy group WikiLeaks about a trove of hacked documents that it planned to release during last year’s presidential campaign.

This is just the latest in a long line of false, misleading, or otherwise made up stores pushed and or published by not only CNN but the rest of the main stream media so why in the world would I bother to take anything they say is factual? Unfortunately it's damn near impossible to get straight up hard news reporting free of any spin which makes it very difficult for us, the voting public, to keep an eye on the very people we elect into office.