View Single Post
Old 11-18-2017, 07:14 AM   #42
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,153 Times in 900 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsmlp View Post
An excellent point. Still don't understand why anyone would answer a call from an unrecognizable #.
There are many reasons. I advertise rental properties and boat slips so a substantial number of calls are from numbers I don't recognize. I would rather take the call and deal with it than spend a substantial amount of time listening to voice mail and playing phone tag later on. I find that many people call during a break from work and cannot take an incoming call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsmlp View Post
I'm most certainly not advocating for telemarketers but at the end of the day these are poorly paid low skill people trying to make ends meet. No need to be cruel about it.

As I stated in a prior post, just don't answer the phone!
I don't know where your calls are coming from but most of the ones I get are from people with their feet in the sand and their camel tied to a palm tree outside their tent. That is why the US telemarketing laws are not stopping them. And for any calls from the US, if these are truly "poorly paid low skill people" anyone helping to support them is keeping them down. If these "annoy the public" telemarketing jobs did not exist maybe the bottom feeders would find it necessary to learn some skills and look for real jobs that pay more.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote