Thread: Warm Weather
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2010, 12:24 PM   #71
Boater

Shed, don't be embarrassed for those of us that keep an open mind and have a healthy skepticism. We think those qualities embody true science. We think that science should be a relentless pursuer of the truth instead of a way to validate a political ideology. FACT: The only consensus on AGW is among liberals. I can find lots and lots of qualified scientists who completely disagree with your conclusions. Like the scientists at the University of East Anglia, you seem to be very comfortable ignoring them while only embracing scientists that share your personal beliefs.

Climategate showed that the Peer Review process has been seriously corrupted. When you have like-minded people reviewing each other while skeptics are intentionally shut out the whole process is worthless. Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shedwannabe
EVERY peer-reviewed study supports and continues to support the evidence that climate change is caused by human activity
This quote is very revealing. EVERY peer-review supports your position? There is not a single opposing view among these scientists? Give me a break. I can't believe that any scientific hypothesis has ever had EVERY scientist in agreement. The very nature of science is challenging hypothesis. If this quote is true then it proves that the AGW scientists have systematically eliminated any opposition, because it surely exists.

The big problem for the AGW worshipers is that they have consistently lead with lies. Lie #1, the Polar Bears. They are thriving. They are not drowning. Their population is 400% larger than it was 40 years ago. If the earth does warm their population will grow even more. Constantly trying to scare people with images of Polar Bears falling from the sky does not help your case. Lie #2, the ocean levels will rise 20 feet and all coastal cities will be under water. Even the IPCC said the rise would be only 18 inches by the end of the century. The 20 foot figure was either totally made up or the result of some wacky computer model. Lie #3, using images and video from fictional movies during supposedly scientific presentations. This makes many proponents, like Algore, look really silly. Lie #4, much of An Inconvenient Truth.

As I've said before, the big problem with all this is the liberal solution: TAX, TAX, TAX. Even the EPA admits that Cap & Trade will do little to help the environment. It's only goal is a massive transfer of wealth. We'll heavily tax our already failing businesses and lose countless jobs (millions?) while emerging economies like China will do nothing that would slow down their economic expansion. They'll be laughing at us while we destroy what's left of our economy. So, I ask you Shed, do you support Cap & Trade as a solution?
Boater is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Boater For This Useful Post: