View Single Post
Old 09-18-2020, 10:31 AM   #26
ishoot308

Thanked 4,939 Times in 1,915 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXUM View Post
Dan

I had a similar thought in mind, when I re-did the house I also re-did the mess of an excuse for plumbing which I consolidated to a single that travels under the floor joists east to west. My thought was to use fiberglass bats and cover it with zip board taping the seams. Same thing I did for the exterior wall and roof sheathing. Thing I love about that stuff is it has that coating on the outside that essentially is better than house wrap already integrated. The goal being that if I have to gain access I can with it being screwed into place. Since I have all my plumbing consolidated I can box around that and insulate that as well.

My neighbor just had a new place built and they employed a similar method to insulate the floor as well which I was curious to see how they would do it.

I'll figure it out and start to experiment with it. I do like what you did. Since the luan is so thin have you had any problems with it warping on you? I was thinking the 3/8" green zip board, although heavy would not suffer from this.
I've had that stuff warp so bad it popped through screw heads! Guess using a pan washer would help with that under every screw head.
Max;

I have not had any warping issues with the luan sheeting. The zip board and tape sounds like a great idea also!

Insulating and sealing the floor will make a huge difference in your home comfort not only with AC and heating but with any bug or mice issues. It basically becomes a non issue.

Good luck!

Dan