View Single Post
Old 09-15-2020, 12:15 PM   #67
Cal-to-NH

Default Moultonborough Polarizes

I can certainly see the divide better now. I know a little bit of what's going-on and I can say about 80% of the things said here are flat-out incorrect.

I think maybe the best path forward might be informing people better so these falsehoods don't get repeated.

In the end, I do agree with:
* If we compromized on this issue rather than digging-in we could succeed. (Remember this gets a majority "YES" every time it comes up, but the poliarization of the "camps" keeps it from getting the % Majority it needs). If both sides would give a little, this would easily pass.

I think the $5.2M option and the $6.7M option need to be laid-out together and the additional money justified, dollar by dollar - i.e. for $1.5 M more this is what you get specifically. I have asked for this from ardent supporters of the greater money project and no one can tell me what the extra money gets you other than "everything is on one site". I have to believe that there's more to it than that. If that's all it is, then I would guess most people would reject it.

I have heard some good ideas but I don't know if they are practical - What about going for the bigger-money project and selling the Lions club land to make-up the difference of the more expensive route? That's a great idea, but have no idea if that's a valid option.

What's in the extra $1.5M folks - if it's worth it, pople will vote for it! I will be the first in line. Without that, the $5.2M option does everything we need and want, and why not do this one? The great thing about NH is that we decide how to spend our own money like it's coming out of our own checking account. Higher value for higher money-outlay is a good thing - but what is it????
Cal-to-NH is offline   Reply With Quote