View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008, 06:41 AM   #3
Blue Thunder

Default Nah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanisLupusArctos View Post
After a brief warmup in the early part of this week, cold air from Canada will make a return on Thursday. At the same time, the models are showing a storm originating in the Gulf of Mexico tracking up the east coast.

As with any storm that takes this track there is a lot of uncertainty and if its northeasterly track deviates just a few miles to the NW or SE it would make a lot of difference as to who gets what kind of precipitation and how much.

If this storm starts to come together we will have to answer the question of its track, as well as how much the arriving cold air will affect it. With a powerful surge of Gulf warmth and moisture coming up, it's easy to think it could track inland and thus be a rain event for at least the eastern half of New England, but the cold air will be working against that motion and could easily push the whole thing far enough east to make it mostly snow.

Time will tell...
It doesn't look like much snow from that one, CLA, but the pipeline is loaded after that for the first two weeks of February. (I know, I know, the long range is very fickle but it's all I've got!)

BT