View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 03:23 PM   #17
Dave R

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
I was navigating through the Governor's Island bridge tonight after the fireworks at the Weirs. Big pontoon boat coming the opposite direction with his dock lights on. The lights were blinding and many of us sound our horns and curse the driver. He merely ignored us and drove on. I saw only one lone MP boat tonight and that was at the Weirs during the fireworks.
We were at anchor for a fireworks show one time and a pontoon (also at anchor) was blinding us with his docking lights. They ignored our requests to turn off the lights, so I got out my spot light and aimed it at them until it got their attention. When they finally heard my request to turn off the docking lights, they said they could not do it easily because the "headlights" were wired to the navigation light switch and they had to have their navigation lights on while anchored. They reluctantly disconnected the wires to the docking lights for the show. That same evening, many people yelled to me that my bow lights were off and seemed perplexed when I said I was anchored. After the fireworks, half the boats that left had docking lights on the whole way back. There's a lot of folks out there who have no business operating at night.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dave R For This Useful Post: