View Single Post
Old 11-14-2020, 10:29 AM   #16
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula260SS View Post
I don't disagree with you on that

The same person I mentioned is moving to Florida into a new build down there, those details I'm not totally up to speed on but will ask him.

I do know he's paying about 765K for 2600 sq/ft with the pool and Leni right on a golf course around Sarasota. (it is not a 55 and older).

If I do a quick calc based on a guess of 100k for land I'm at 665K for 2500 sq/ft = $266.00 sq/ft.

I'll call it good with this post unless I figure out where I'm going wrong - I'm a numbers guy and just not getting it. I never claimed to be the smart guy in the room.... Thanks for the good discussion
I’m a CPA and in the construction industry and I get it. As Sue said you cannot compare new and existing.

If your planning on building for 120.00 your going to end up with below contractor grade materials.

A key factor is you are not considering the current demand for builders which drives up prices along with the skyrocketing material costs. In my Development they cannot find enough builders for the lots they want to develop with spec houses.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to joey2665 For This Useful Post: