View Single Post
Old 02-27-2015, 04:25 PM   #54
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

I did a quick search on Jeffery T. Clay.... he has got a history... The clip in this thread would lead one to believe that the board acted to quickly.... However I think there is more to this story then anyone knows....

In short don't judge the Alton Board to quickly... Nor for that matter Jeffery Clay, and this situation....

What I can tell you from the clip however is that Jeffery Clay was asked repeatedly to stop, and stand down.. By both the Board of Selectmen, and by the police officer...

They had the justification to remove him for not cooperating and that is the bottom line....

He didn't speak directly on any particular issue... Rather he had a general statement that the Board needs to resign....

This is the rule that applies:

2. Complaints regarding individual employees, other individuals and/or any matter that may, in the opinion of the Board infringe on another persons rights of privacy will not be allowed, such matters must be directed to the Town Administrator during normal business hours at Town Hall.

The complaint was about each individual board member and their personal integrity....... Mr. Clay however knew that if he directed his comments at anyone individual this rule would clearly be evoked, so he instead direct his comments at the entire board to skirt this issue...

My big question in this matter, is weather or not someone on the board and Mr. Clay have crossed paths, and that this is all a bit more personal then anyone knows.