View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 11:02 AM   #8
Aqua-andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post
You did not get a ticket so stop whining. Maybe someone stole your flag or maybe it came off somehow....but....you never noticed another boat on top of you? Bottom line is they let you off so why the post?
Um.... No I did not notice another boat, I noticed two. You can go back and read my original post. So what should I have done surface when I heard a boat? I don't think so, If you did that every time you heard a boat on Winni you would not get any bottom time. And NO I will not surface if I hear a boat above me, that would be pure stupidity on any divers part. Bottom line is he only let me off because I questioned him and demanded to speak with a supervisor, some people may have just taken the ticket. My bottom line is they were potentially going after the wrong person and could care less.

jrc, as for flying multiple flags that can cause issues also. In a spot like where the tug is I have around 150' of anchor rode out to get a decent hook up. If I flew a flag on the boat and not just at the wreck and the boat swings in another direction I could be more than 150 from the flag on the boat and in turn breaking the law that way.
Aqua-andy is offline   Reply With Quote