View Single Post
Old 08-24-2017, 08:26 AM   #18
roastbeef

I thought the food was very good, thanks to the "Grill Master", but they are way understaffed, closed on Sunday, and the manager can scare the hair right off your head as she greets you. With her hundreds of tattoos and body piercings she scared my daughter as we walked in. Almost like entering a haunted house (where you pay to be scared) you walk in to find this woman looming behind a desk for you as she pops out to welcome you. The staff was very nice and accommodating, but I don't get the owners (who goes by Doug from Mass) idea of a family restaurant. There are many locals I know that work there and it's great they are employed, but the owner is sabotaging his own restaurant. Last year it was a much more festive and warm place. Candles with a Christmas theme. This year it looks like the cross between a family and vacation restaurant and a Biker Bar.
The rumors of The Owner (Doug from Mass) throwing in "GoGo dancers" and steaks is just a far fetched combo. Where is this mans brain. In 2016 it was a quaint restaurant with a Christmas theme, this year it made a sharp left turn down crazy street, especially if you are eating and a GoGo dancer is selling you her prime meat. This is a family town and vacation place. If you want a Gogo restaurant maybe it's a bad idea. Or make it a burger bar with Gogo dancers, "which I feel this town don't need". Drop the pipe Mr. Doug and figure out if your running a prime meat steak house or a half brothel munchies bar.
I feel bad for the cooks and staff, for they are good people who know how to serve and cook a great steak.
My suggestions, go back to the family Christmas theme and remove Ms. Halloween as the face of your restaurant. I am sure she can do just as good a job behind the scenes. As restaurant needs a bright happy and welcome face, and enough staff to get the job done. Not two on a Friday with 30 tables and a bar with people eating. Greed seems to be the only thing on the owners mind, not quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
roastbeef is offline   Reply With Quote