View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 12:10 PM   #19
Garcia

Quote:
Originally Posted by garysanfran View Post
And happens to be Republican and some entitled moron starts yelling at you for your political position and you are forced to vacate your meal and leave?

What should management do in these instances? And I've wondered if the attacked diner, who has to flee, pays for the half-eaten meal? I wouldn't.

We have become a society that is offensive, easily offended, obnoxious, impolite, entitled, angry, infantile...Sorry, I'm realizing there are too many adjectives to list here that would apply today...Sad!

I would rather have dinner with someone I could have a polite, intellectual discussion on a subject we disagree on, than someone who says "Yes" and "I agree" to everything I say. I enjoy polite intellectual discourse.

Are we on the verge of a civil (uncivil) war? It is becoming very close to violence out there.
Separate issues which I will briefly give my two cents on. First, if a customer is harassed, it is the responsibility of the owner/manager to address the issue. If harassing behavior continues and calling police is in order, do it. Or, show your distaste with your wallet and go elsewhere. What was described in the original post is unacceptable.

As to the political issue referenced, the biggest issue I have is the hypocrisy I see. If it is OK to refuse to bake a cake for someone based on their sexual identity, and you actively and vocally support that policy, than you can expect people not to serve you based on your political viewpoint. Personally, I think all businesses should serve all paying customers and treat them with kindness and respect regardless of anything else.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Garcia For This Useful Post: