Thread: Lavinia's
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 11:47 AM   #96
jetskier

Post Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavinias Chef View Post
So happy to be here (both in the kitchen and on this forum!)
Lavinia's has had the reputation of being expensive and providing variable service/quality. As such, the baseline perception of the menu by most will be that it is a bit pricey. In fact this may not be the case based upon portions, food quality and service. The only way to know is to actually try it.

The menu seems a bit limited (perhaps to maintain quality) and it does not have what I would call "signature items". Pulled pork sandwiches, burgers and fish & chips are lower fare dining and readily available in the area. Yet, they comprise a high percentage of the menu offerings.

So, the question is where in the overall ecosystem does Lavinia's want to fit? Personally, I think that there is a dearth of high end options in the lakes region. I am sure that the members of this forum will be happy to give you their feedback. Perhaps, you might solicit suggestions for dishes as a way to test the market. I would suggest that you add a baked brie starter to the menu...that is always hard to find in the lakes region. ...and don't get me started on wines...

Jetskier
jetskier is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jetskier For This Useful Post: