View Single Post
Old 04-22-2015, 07:32 PM   #19
sarc

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
Please listen to sarc. My daughter has a fence and her dog was good with it for 8 years. One evening, he wanted something, we think maybe deer, and he went right out into the road. We were devastated. So while they are good, they are not 100%. We also had friends whose dogs did the same thing. Just please don't be too sure of them as it could cause you heartbreak.
Thats awful Tis. I'm really sorry. Its tragic, but ironic, that we're having this discussion and I'm currently working and had an invisible fence disaster come in tonight. Dad came home, Mom let the little dogs out to say hi. Neighbor's dog broke through their invisible fence (older, large dog, had never broken through the fence before), charged the young little dog, grabbed it and shook it. Big dog crushed little dog's chest, and little dog was dead by the time it got to me.

I've seen dogs get hit by cars, be attacked, and attack other dogs all because a dog broke through an invisible fence. No matter how good you think your dog is, I dont think invisible fences are ever worth the risk.
sarc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sarc For This Useful Post: