View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 04:58 PM   #19
Happy Gourmand

Default Speed limit

It surprises me that nobody has mentioned anything about noise that comes from some GFBL boats. (unless I missed it...very possible)
I was never for or against the speed limit on the lake, but I always wonder why every single person within sight of the water in Meredith Bay (as an example) has to listen to the BL boats from the time they pass Eagle Is. to the time they arrive in Meredith. I think one of the underlieing issues of the speed limit is the horrendously load exhaust noise that comes out of the back of too many boats. It is not that rare an occasion that I along with many others have been woken up at 2 or 3AM by some totally inconsiderate captain who has absolutely no regard for the rights or privileges of the rest of us as he/she blasts through the bay at 70MPH or so. I don't recall this happening once this past summer. Maybe that's progress, maybe it's not. And it did seem a lot more civil out there this year...again, maybe that's progress, maybe it's not.
Maybe now that the SL thread is closed, those passionate folks could start a NL (noise limit) discussion..... JK, Don !!