View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 08:15 AM   #25
DRH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineedles View Post
I wasn't trying to make extra work for those folks who selflessly devote alot of time to make this annual event a success, including you as I understand. Our Webmaster has a paypal account, but with all he has to do it may be unfair to ask him to do it as well. I just want this event to be the best we ever have had. I will be up on August 16th and would be more than willing to help out in any way I can. I'll start with a $50.00 "Sikskr gift cerificate". Or as he said, cash. RG, where do I send it?
Hi Pineneedles - Yes I completely understand. I probably should have added that one of the early decisions RG had to make this year was whether or not to accept "mail order" raffle ticket purchases from folks who wouldn't be able to attend FF. After discussing it quite a bit with several other members, she decided that selling raffle tickets ahead of time could present some real problems. (Pepper tried it several years ago and ran into difficulties.) Also, if someone not in attendance wins a raffle item, someone (RG in this case) would have to then make arrangements to get the item to them, which would likely involve logistics, shipping costs, etc. Not to belabor the point, but I just wanted everyone to know that the advance ticket sale option was considered, but RG decided (with the consensus of the others she discussed it with) that it was just too much of an administrative burden.

BTW, thanks for your generous gift certificate donation toward the raffle!