View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 03:56 PM   #11
Sunrise Point

I have never, ever gone to a dealer to purchase a car or to have service done. The one exception to this has been my one experience with AutoServe in Tilton.

Last year, at 3:00pm on the Saturday before Easter, my brakes on my 98 Ranger failed completely while I was driiving on Rte 3 by the Mall outlet. I called several small repair shops, but most of them closed at 1:00pm that day (I don't blame them).

I was able to coast into AutoServe, and appealed to the service department for help. They had the car up on a lift and diagnosed a burst brake line, gave me an extimate to fix it and a promise that I would be on my way by 5:00PM that evening.

I am sure that the cost of the repair was more than at my mechanic here in MA, but they did the work and got me on my way by 5:30PM. Driving home to my mechanic was not an option.

I wrote a letter commending the receptionist in the service department as well as the unfortunate mechanic who had to work on an old mud-splattered pickup. I haven't been back though, dealer avoidance is a hard habit to break.

I have a few friends (one a life-long Laconia resident) who go to Northeast Tire on Rte 3 in Belmont and they recommend them highly.
Sunrise Point is offline   Reply With Quote