View Single Post
Old 07-24-2008, 06:18 PM   #75
sa meredith

Default maybe

I have a friend in Atkinson, who used to do this all the time (skimming, I guess it is called) on Big Island Pond. He was really into it, and I believe it is a sport.
While Pontiac 464's long explanation tries to take all the negative connotation associated with this event away from the skimmer (which I disagree with), I do agree with much of what he says. He should not be completely obsolved of all wrong doing, but truly, it is not the end of the earth. In fact, as far as I can see (although I believe skimming was recently declared illegal, not sure though) the only thing he is guilty of is violating the no wake zone. That's it.
This trespassing accusation??? Yeah, OK, maybe, but come on.
GTO just disregarding the post, and isinuating that, given the time, he/she could take it apart...I'm not sure.
The guy used the lake in a way YOU did not care for. Does not really make it dangerous or wrong. Do you know how many boaters on weekends have no clue how to read a chart, and have no idea about the law of safe passage, or what a stand on vessel is (hint:not a jet ski). There are many dangers out there. While I would agree that skimming is probably not the best idea when the lake is busy, it is a real, actual sport.
It's funny...reading all the threads on this board about speed limits, and canoes, and whatever...It's like "if I don't agree with how you want to use the lake, you are wrong". There is plenty of water out there, people.
How does it go?? Live free or...
sa meredith is offline   Reply With Quote