View Single Post
Old 07-15-2008, 11:48 AM   #58
chipj29

Quote:
Originally Posted by pontiac464 View Post
Sure what he did might now be labeled illegal, but it is not grounds to attack someones character or label someone. If you think about it, it is kinda funny that such a small thing could get so many people so flustered. when they made that law, i realy think they were talking about it occuring in the winter. this kid is very experienced with this. it is actually a sport, called watercross. events are held in a lot of places and are very popular. the only reason why he didnt make it the last 35 feet is becasue he ran out of gas. stupid mistake. im sure next time he does it he will put more gas in. it isnt the first time he did it and it wont be the last, im assuming! as for most people who disagree with my view point, skimming is just like speeding. most people do it, it just happens that this time he got caught. it doesnt make you a bad person, you just need to make sure you perform the act in a safer less populated area next time, that way no one can get you in trouble or argue whether it is correct or not.
Smart enough to cross open water on a sled, but not smart enough to use enough gas. Brilliant. He must be wicked smaht.
And no, most people do NOT skim. Most people are smart enough to avoid the open water on a sled. I have been riding for over 10 years, with thousands of miles under my belt, and I have never crossed open water. Not once. But I guess I am not most people, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pontiac464 View Post
this might also make people mad as well, thats why im sharing it with the old folks of this forum. may people, along with the young adult that is being talked about, build snowmobile purposely for this and this only. TO GO ACROSS OPEN WATER. lol get over it. it is fun and no 1, not even the law officials will stop these kids. have fun trying, it will get you nowhere.
OK hero. Have fun on the open water. Next time, make sure you and your buddy have enough gas.
Hey, I have an idea...how about having all this fun at an actual watercross event? I will look for you guys at Petersons Farm next October.
chipj29 is offline   Reply With Quote