Thread: I feel old now.
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2019, 02:52 PM   #28
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Just because you want a toon, doesn't mean your old, and it should carry a Minivan connotation....

For me it is coming down to factors of cost, and capacity....

I have a 18' Four Winns that I love, and despite what everyone tells me handles Winnipesaukee just fine... even on the weekends.... And I just love it, and it still runs great......

But, the kids are older, now they have girl friends, and as much as I hate to say it, I know that being a grand parent is right around the corner....

I don't like leaving people on the dock.... so its either look for a big bowrider, which I am afraid is just cost prohibitive....or think about keeping my current boat, for waterskiing, etc. and Getting a Pontoon for cruising.....

While I don't service the Four Winns myself, because crawling around in the bilge is a pain, I see no issues with doing the maintenance on an outboard again, which I did for many years, with my parents boat. So I am not worried about the extra maintenance costs.

A pontoon, will be nice and room, and have a decent capacity, even more so if I decided to splurge and go tri-toon.... but I haven't decided if I want to yet, given the fact I will not be giving up my sport boat........

No to decide, which brand I want, and just exactly how much I want to spend, finding used and new pontoons is quite easy.....