View Single Post
Old 06-12-2019, 03:51 PM   #23
Irish mist

Right on cue the Mayor gets out his shovel & promises to dig deeper....throwing millions more of taxpayer dollars at a run-down theater.

It's inconceivable that this farce keeps moving along. There is no way in the world Laconia has this much money to dump into this theatre without harming what's left of the city budget & the taxpayers' sanity. The Mayor has become Ahab & the theatre has become his white whale. I know the Mayor personally & like him. Good guy, but as I feared, a feckless civil servant.

Six or eight years ago the "leaders' in Laconia made the conscious decision to turn the city into a major rehab center for drugs & a Section-Eight magnet. They succeeded. The city basically gave up on its self, and its future. And by doing this left the dwindling taxpayers' afloat, and on their own.

My family blew out of Laconia years ago when we saw the writing was on the wall. Sold everything, the family home, the rental units & some land that was in the family forever. Sad, but necessary.

Last edited by Irish mist; 06-12-2019 at 05:48 PM.
Irish mist is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Irish mist For This Useful Post: