View Single Post
Old 01-04-2018, 04:24 PM   #2
Hillcountry

For what it’s worth, probably the same Laconia “new car dealership” used a
salvaged tailgate to replace the one on my F150. Maybe that’s standard practice but I expected a brand new “looking and appearing” tailgate with the proper aftermarket (Line-X) coating which was approved by my insurance. The day comes a week later to drive over and swap the “refurbished to new looking” tailgate onto my truck and it looks great...until I open the tailgate to inspect the Line-x job. There was no new line-x coating on the tailgate but what the “original” owner of the tailgate (salvaged) had on it, which was dirty, battered up and peeling off in places.
I went back inside to ask why the Line-x work wasn’t done and the guy says “the tailgate was already Line-xed!”
I told him that my insurance approved the new Line-x work and that’s what I wanted and was paying for. He then said “you can take the Line-x cost off your deductible”
I said no, i want the Line-x work done so it matches the rest of my almost perfect line-x in the pickup bed.
Long story short, they rescheduled the line-x work and I finally got the finished product as expected. I no longer go there for service or anything.
Hillcountry is offline   Reply With Quote