View Single Post
Old 07-21-2017, 06:49 AM   #9
Biggd

Thanked 1,070 Times in 675 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonG View Post
A short while back I posted about possibly buying a small summer home on the big lake. After taking a trip up there this year and watching our high school teenagers skip rocks, swim, and putting down the iphone, the wife and I look at each other and started chatting about moving up here.

But the question is, can we get a decent year round home for under $450k? 3/2 1500+ sq ft, garage. Not opposed to a town home in a nice community or a bit of a renovation. Thinking Gilford or Meredith region for school for the kids.

I can pull up listings and see options, but it is a bit of a shot in the dark without really knowing the area well.

Am I dreaming?

Thank you
Jason
There are thousands of people looking for that same thing. It's not out there. You will find something like that in a nice association with a possible dock spot for your boat.
Look into the association carefully, some are good and some not so good.
I bought in an association 3 years ago but we are always looking for that illusive waterfront home that we can afford. We have a 2000 sq ft year round home on an acre of land and a two car garage. We would have to take a major step down on the house just to get our own waterfront. A very small seasonal shack on the water is about all you will find for $450K.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote