View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 05:52 AM   #8
lawn psycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXUM View Post
Could be a patrol officer either lives there and took his boat home (I've seen plenty of state and sheriff's do that with their cruisers) or could have been over there on a call, not necessarily sitting waiting to bust somebody. Either way, I have no problem with the MP using whatever tactics they need to to catch the bad guys out there. I've always thought they should ditch the marked boats for unmarked ones anyways. Way I look at it, if your out there and doing nothing wrong no need to be concerned one bit at the presence of the MP. Give 'em a wave, they got a tough job out there.
We're the creativity? Perhaps there is a scandal afoot and it's a MP officer having an affair with one of the people at that house.

I've only been on the water twice thus far this year. Spent all my time from Alton, Gilford, and W-boro areas and never picked up the MP on my radar detector. I haven't checked but I assume they will use the same Ka band as the State Police.

Given so few boats are doing over 45 MPH I seriously doubt a MP officer would set-up on stationary radar for any length of time. The most likely time to get someone is the gray area when the sun is dropping and sunset is reached but there is still a lot of daylight.

For those who travel along Rt 11 from the Spaulding, not sure what town it is but they have a D.A.R.E schemed car and he lines himself up to clock you at over 1/2 mile until you see him. I was picking him up over a mile out with my radar detector It was right around where the speed drops for 55 to either 45 or 40 MPH. Classic speed trap.

The revenue enforcers are out there but much more likely to get you on the road than on the water.....