View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 01:57 PM   #1079
ApS

Unhappy WMUR...again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Sold View Post
"...From WMUR - it does not sound as if the officer was standing in the road on 93 or on the side in any way. Operative word "steer" Note that the high speed and breakdown lanes are referenced in the quoted report below so I doubt an officer ran across the highway...The trooper said he realized she wasn't paying attention, and he had to steer "back into the high-speed lane to prevent being struck by her..."
Regarding this traffic stop:

I checked Google for every possible news source referencing "steer".

WMUR is the only source to use that word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnDixie View Post
"...I have been reading the articles and comments in the Monitor and the Union Leader as this has gone on. I am amazed that a couple of them in this latest article...and you can easily tell which...have not been taken off. Highly inappropriate, and only a few "voices in the wilderness" seeming to point that out. A bad situation made worse..."
In forums where "inappropriate" remarks appear, it could be due to neighbors, friends, or relatives who have been victims of DUI drivers.

I look forward to a transcript of this trial: until then, I put the blame for those negative remarks on one or more members of the jury. They were high on empathy and sympathy—and inadequate in Logic and Reason.