View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 04:54 AM   #1046
ApS

Exclamation WMUR: Blizzard's Negligent Driving..."ALLEGED"...

She can beat this charge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin View Post
"...If she hasn't learned from her mistake then she indeed needs to be taught a harsh lesson...."
Mistake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawn psycho View Post
"...I seriously question the officers details of the events. Go stand on an overpass on a major highway and watch cars go by. See just how much time you have to "observe". Hint: Don't blink ...No wonder the police fight so hard to keep those construction detail jobs under their control ...However, her actions on the highway occurs every hour/minute of the day. If you don't agree, you don't drive on the same roads I do..."
Massachusetts "construction detail jobs" are mandated by Legislature. ("Overtime" rules for pensions need changing).

"Don't blink"?

I think the LEO (Law Enforcement Officer) had adequate time for all of his observations—why?

Spend some time actually witnessing how LEOs do a "roadside stop". (Or try to launch from a trailer on route 109).

1) Absolutely nobody launching at the Libby Museum ramp can avoid blocking northbound traffic; however, it's the southbound traffic that's the problem.

If I see a logging truck is barreling towards our creeping trailer, I step into the roadway—put up my hand—and slow the vehicle ahead of that truck.

2) Plus, an example from those of us charged with enforcement in automobile racing:

When an infraction of a "no-contact rule" occurs, oftentimes the entire race car field is "black-flagged" in.

(Black flags are displayed around the track to signal the entire field to abandon the event and to enter the pits single-file. This is done to separate the driver from any others involved, and to "chill" discussions of the incident with others).

Once again, an official will step into the stream of "black-flagged" cars—raise his hand—and slow the vehicle ahead of the offender.

Hopefully, I've explained the concept here adequately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondcurve:

It looks like there is some new information on Blizzard. Care to comment? Clearly she is a menace not only on our waterways but on our roadways. I'm sure it wasn't her fault maybe her gas pedal was defective like all those Toyota's. I think if I were her I'd also change my vanity plate, but that is just me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCDACTIVE:

this is not new information concerning the tragic loss of life from a boating accident.

1) LaPointe killed two after amassing 22 traffic convictionsin Massachusetts alone! (After how many tickets got "beaten"?)

(Boats assembled above, just an instant before the fatal crash).

2) While not fatal, the following was a close call. The boater who cut a kayak in half last season later proceeded to run over a pedestrian!!!

Quote:
"...Knott drove away after the crash, but campus police were able to locate his vehicle in a nearby parking lot a short time later.

Prosecutors said Knott could hardly walk when a Breathalyzer showed his blood alcohol level at .18 and .20 -- twice the legal driving limit...Knott was also involved in an incident on Lake Sunapee on Aug. 6, New Hampshire Marine Patrol said. Officials said Knott was driving a power boat towing a water skier when he slammed into a kayak. The kayaker was able to jump out of the boat before the crash, officials said.

"I don't know anything about that. I can't tell you anything about that. I can tell you he has no record," defense attorney Thomas Drechsler said..."

Lastly:

LEOs don't make the laws: LEOs are charged by State Legislature with enforcement.