View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 01:32 PM   #1037
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by livefreeordie View Post
I can't believe the things you people have been saying on here. Have some respect. This could have happened to any one of us or one of our family members. One wrong decision could change everything. The best part about it is Erica is still a better boater than 90% of the people on here.... Its time to find something else to take up your day on this site.
Lets start a thread on how people should take a boating test on the water with there boat before they get there license. That would make this lake a bit safer don't you think.....
Well I was trying to stay away from this topic but sense the latest events I find myself once again not being able to keep my mouth shut.......

Lets start here with a on the water boat test --- Erica had been boating all her life, owning a 450K$ boat, I would say her driving a navigational skills where not in question.... that argument has no business in this thread. Weather that would make the lake safer or not is any ones question... On the road driving tests do such a wonderful job of keeping the roads safe.....

Now on to "this could happen to any of us" --- what exactly are you referring too.... The boat accident? The trial? The smooth move in the car? While accidents happen and yes they can happen to any off us, the smooth move Ms Blizzard pulled in her SUV, was plain stupidity... If she was smart, she would be staying at home, going to work and keeping a very low profile... apparently she is not... If I had just been convicted of negligence I wouldn't be driving up the road at 85 with my cell phone on being negligent even again.

Up until this I have felt as though there should be some leniency for Ms. Blizzard for her actions. As I felt up until now that living with what she had done to her friends should have had a life altering effect. However My opinion on that is changing. If she hasn't learned from her mistake then she indeed needs to be taught a harsh lesson....