View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 07:28 AM   #1021
Mink Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by livefreeordie View Post
I can't believe the things you people have been saying on here. Have some respect. This could have happened to any one of us or one of our family members. One wrong decision could change everything. The best part about it is Erica is still a better boater than 90% of the people on here.... Its time to find something else to take up your day on this site.
Lets start a thread on how people should take a boating test on the water with there boat before they get there license. That would make this lake a bit safer don't you think.....
No this couldn't happen to any of us. That viewpoint on dangerous behavior is part of the problem on the lake and highways. We cannot tolerate this behavior if we want the lake/roads to be a safe place for all of us. It's our collective lives that these people put at risk. And highly publicized events like this are important reminders that each of us can be part of the problem through our own behavior. If you think this could happen to anyone, you're saying you could see YOURSELF doing the same thing that Ms. Xtreme has done. I don't buy that argument at all. Some of us know how to boat at night in poor weather. Some of us know how dangerous using cell phones and driving are and don't do it. Some of us don't drink and drive.

Thank goodness she didn't hit the statie.

Driving boats and cars is a priviledge, not a right -- I think she should lose both for a very very very long time.

Could have happened to anyone? I think not.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mink Islander For This Useful Post: