View Single Post
Old 04-01-2020, 12:09 PM   #22
longislander

Quote:
Communications cables have been attached to poles pretty much since their inception yes, but every new piece of third party communication line goes higher on the pole, never lower, telephone is at the bottom always because they are co owners of the pole and have to be the last to transfer so they can remove the old pole.
Maybe there's a communication breakdown. The electric lines are on top ... period. Go out and look at the poles outside your house, including through the insulators. It's easy to tell which is electric, look for attached to the transformer. New install here at the new house, is electric on top, and cable and phone below.

No lines were moved, but added at my house. I believe the same holds true for all of Moultonborough Neck Rd, a state road. The same held true when I worked for the phone company for 17 years.

Quote:
What started as the electric company and the telephone/ telegraph company on the poles has changed to include cable tv, private fiber optics for business and towns and colleges, municipal fire alarm, all with a minimum requirement for spacing between each other.
Separate companies doing their separate businesses. Regulated by state and federal regulations. Exception is cable companies whereby "cable" is regulated
but internet is not ... at this time. FCC gives guidance.

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/...C-III-53-C.htm

Nobody does anything for free. The question is who pays for it.
longislander is offline   Reply With Quote